Geromycin is an antibiotic medicine for the treatment of infections caused by viruses susceptible to clatithromycin.
Clarithromycin is indicated for the treatment of infections caused by susceptible to it micro organisms. Indications include:
1. Lower respiratory tract infections (e.g. bronchitis, and pneumonia)
2. Upper respiratory tract infections (e.g.sinusitis and pharyngitis).
3. Skin and soft tissue infections (folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas).
4. Complementary therapy in generalized or localized infections due to atypical mycobacteria
(i.e. Mycobacterium avium or Mycobacterium intracellulare, Mycobacterium chelonae, Mycobacterium fortuitum).
5. Eradication of Helicobacter Pylori in patients with duodenal ulcers and prevention of its relapses as long as it is administered in combination with gastric secretion inhibitors.
6. Infections caused by the teeth, as a second choice treatment