Malortil is a type of drug called a proton pump inhibitor. It reduces the production of acid in your stomach.
Malortil capsules are used for treating the following conditions:
- Treatment of duodenal ulcer
- Treatment of benign gastric ulcer
- Helicobacter pylori eradication: Omeprazole should be used in combination with antibiotics for eradication of
Helicobacter pylori (Hp) in peptic ulcer disease.
- Treatment of oesophageal reflux disease. Relief of associated dyspeptic symptoms.
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
- Prophylaxis of acid aspiration during general anaesthesia in combination with additional treatment.
- Treatment and prophylaxis of NSAID-associated benign gastric ulcers, duodenal ulcers and gastroduodenal erosions and especially:
1. In asymptomatic patients with recently diagnosed ulcer and particular in those older than 70 years old
2. In women older than 70 years old with no ulcer history, due to the up to 5 times more likely risk to occur peptic ulcer, in comparison with males of the same age.
3. In patients with a previous history of gastroduodenal lesions who require continued NSAID reatment.
- Prevention of relapse in patients with resistive in common therapy of duodenalgastric ulcer or severe oesophageal reflux disease.